St.Mary Queen of peace Basilica, the first church of Syro- Malankara Catholic Church is situated in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram City. Servant of God Archbishop Mar Ivanios was enthroned as the Head of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Hierarchy here in the year 1933. This is the only church which was originally a Movie Theatre. This is the only Basilica of the Malankara Catholic Church And the only basilica dedicated in the name of Queen of Peace. This pilgrim church is open from 6.00 am to 9.30 pm for visit and prayer.
During the period of 2012-2014 Basilica community disbursed the following amount to the poor and needy through different schemes. Our various charity activities come under the general Head �Basilica Charities�.
Basilica Medical Aid - Rs.2,800,00/-
Basilica Mangalya Nidhi � Rs.12,00,000/-
Basilica Vidyanidhi � Rs.3,90000/-
MCYM Basilica unit undertook various charity works during this period.
1. Visited Bonakkad Estate and distributed food materials worth 1 lakh rupees.
2. Easter kits- food materials worth 1.5 lakh rupees distributed among the parish communities of Pappala and Vembayam missions.
3. Visited Killi �Daiva Paripalana Bhavan� and Chaka Old Age Home and distributed food and other materials.
4. Visit of Kottoor village- Visited Houses, conducted free medical camp and distributed study materials for the children.
Copyright © 2013 - All Rights Reserved - Triomphe IT